Spring is upon us and is the best time to get the annual maintenance for your air conditioning unit done to make sure you’re ready for when the temps start to crack 100 during the hot Temecula Valley summers.
Scheduling your professional AC tune-up now will not only keep you and your family cool and comfortable in the peak of summer by avoiding sudden expensive breakdowns, but it will also help your unit operate more safely and efficiently, in addition to extending the life of your system and reduce your energy bills.
What Does a Thorough AC Tune-Up Include?
Many homeowners want to know precisely what our HVAC technicians do during an AC tune-up and why it’s essential to have it done each spring. Here are just a few of the standard checks that we perform to make sure your HVAC system is ready to work hard for you all summer and is running at peak efficiency.
- Wash condenser coils: Dirty coils make your system work harder and decreases efficiency ultimately costing you more money.
- Check refrigerant coolant levels: If you have a refrigerant leak, this often leads to a breakdown or weak cooling when you need it most.
- Lubrication of all moving parts: This helps eliminate friction and wear that can lead to system damage and increased costs.
- Calibrate thermostat: Proper calibration of your thermostat to confirm the precise operation and control of your homes temperature zones.
- Check electrical wiring connections: Inspection and tightening of all the electrical connections to verify safe system operation.
- Test and inspect contractors for fried, broken or pitted contacts
- Inspect and test the condenser fan motor
- Inspect and test the compressor
- Inspect and test capacitors: We look for signs of wear to your capacitors to avoid costly, but future preventable repairs.
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Evaluate the performance of the blower motor and the condition of the blower belt if applicable.
- Measure Supply and Return temperature differential
- Inspect the ductwork for leaks and possible energy loss.
- Flush condensate drain to keep this drain line free of mold, bacteria, and clogs.
- Evaluate and clean or replace existing air filter (as needed) to ensure the air quality of your home.
All Air Conditioning systems become much less efficient as they age especially if you don’t maintain it regularly. The easiest way to improve your system’s efficiency and lifespan is to have our expert HVAC team test, clean and adjust the system, so it operates at maximum efficiency to keep your house cool and your energy bills in check during the heat of summer.
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Now
Spring is a perfect time to get your AC serviced to avoid an emergency call in the middle of summer when our technicians are booked solid, and you need your AC to up and running.